- Admin user with "Manage Categories" permission enabled for their assigned user group.
- Click on the gear icon found in the top-right corner of your portal and select Categories from the drop-down menu.
- From the Manage Categories page, expand the category structure to identify the category that requires deletion.
- Click on the Delete prompt found under the Actions column next to the category you wish to delete.
- Please review the pop-up message that appears carefully before proceeding with the deletion:
When one deletes a category, please note that upon deletion the nested child categories will be deleted as well. This process is irreversible and requires manually recreating the category structure.
- When a category is deleted, the assets within the category are not being deleted.
- When a category is deleted, any assets that are not tagged to any other additional categories, will be moved to the root 'Library' category.
- Assets that are tagged to other categories, will not be moved to the root 'library' category and will stay within the other non-deleted categories they have been tagged to.
- As a best practice, we advise moving the subcategories which need to be retained to a different parent category before proceeding with deletion. Consult your MediaValet Account Manager on best practices with restructuring your taxonomy in your DAM.