MediaValet takes watermarking to a new level by rethinking how to protect assets from being misused. Instead of applying a watermark overlay, MediaValet generates a new watermarked rendition of all your image assets.
This protects your assets from unauthorized access via screenshotting, right-clicking and saving as well as web-scraping. This ensures your asset originals are always secure and only accessible to those with the correct view, share and download permissions enabled.
A watermark can be applied from both the browse screen as well as the full-screen preview of an asset.
To apply a watermark:
1. While sharing or downloading an asset, select a pre-set or custom rendition
- Watermarks cannot be applied to original assets
2. Click the Apply Watermark checkbox
- In the full-screen preview, once the Apply Watermark option is selected, you'll see a preview of the image asset with a watermark applied.
3. Configure the other sharing/downloading settings and click the green "Share"/"Download" button to apply the watermark to the asset(s) selected.
Note: When downloading or sharing an image asset with a watermark, a generic MediaValet watermark will be applied until a custom watermark is set up for your organization.