In this article, we'll walk you through adding a new user within your DAM.
Manually Create a New User
Admins and User Admins with user creation permissions will be able to create new users in the platform by following the steps below:
To Manually Create a New User:
- Select the gear icon in the top-right corner and select Users from the drop-down menu:
- Click on the green Add New User button found on the right hand side:
- Input the user details for the required fields as indicated with the red asterisks:
- Click on the green Add button to complete adding the user in question.
Here are a few things to note when adding in new users:
- You cannot re-use a username if it has been used on another library. Usernames are unique across all MediaValet libraries. We recommend using your email address as your username as you are able to re-use an email address for different usernames
- To ensure your password is secure, it must meet the following requirements:
- The entire password value must be 7-20 characters in length
- 1 capitalized letter at minimum
- 1 number at minimum
- 1 special character from the following list:
- No leading or trailing whitespace i.e. spaces before or after the password value.
- Users can only be part of one user group
- If you chose an Expiry Date, the user will be suspended at this date
- When the "Send New User Notification" checkbox is enabled, the new user will receive an email with instructions on how to login.
- Note: This checkbox does not remain checked off after the initial email has been sent off.
- When the “User to receive System Alerts” checkbox is enabled for a user in the and if their permissions allow it, they will receive email notifications for the following alerts:
- Keywords approval
- Assets approval
- Expired assets
- New user registration